Sunday 6 March 2016

After The Prophet

After The Prophet

A whirlwind subsides
As the weary Prophet
Looks skywards
And says, "Brother ...
Goodbye ..."

I watch Him go
Watch till He's one
With the earth
And the wind
And the clouds

An eager eye now
Scans my road
All that lies ahead
All that I'll see, feel
And leave behind

The day will end
I'll be weary again
Lean to rest
In the dark under
A bright street lamp

I'll watch them
People of the world
Go by, hunched, with
Smiles you can't sense
And can't unsee

I'm one of the road
I step into the light
In all weariness
Stranger, stronger
Than they'll ever be

It's up to me
I know, they know too
And look to me
For I shine, a mirage
Of the hot road

I'm enlightened
I'll wait, not rush
Like the bright, pink
Flowers of the Atacama
Waited for rain

-x-x-x-

© Parched For Rain

Verses From The Road @ Parched For Rain

At Crossroads || Escape || The Eternal Wanderer - Homecoming || Little Stream Of Jibhi || Paths Of Men || Roadsong Lullaby 

No comments:

Post a Comment