Thursday 24 December 2015

At Crossroads

At Crossroads

Failed beginnings from a glorious past
The beautiful were not built to last
Faded are these pointers cold
At crossroads on this plain so vast

I tread alone these dusty paths of old
Marked by once rolling stones of mold
The sun above keeps my time
At crossroads losing my life's hold

On my neck these bells will chime
Each step I take away from my crime
A funeral for old spastic ties 
At crossroads on a haunting rhyme

Alone though I walk under the noon skies
Fresh memories erupt - love, lust and lies
Twist and turn and intertwine
At crossroads working through their cries

Of what was and what could've been mine
Thoughts I lay to rest with those of thine
And steel up my restless mind
At crossroads tireless legs align

The quest begins for all that I can find
Painfully swift I let my wings unwind
I fly to leave everything behind
I fly to leave everything behind

-x-x-x-

© Parched For Rain

Verses From The Road @ Parched For Rain

After The Prophet || Escape || The Eternal Wanderer - Homecoming || Little Stream Of Jibhi || Paths Of Men || Roadsong Lullaby  

1 comment: