Saturday 23 July 2016

Dread Takes Over

Dread Takes Over

You’ve scaled your unsavory peak
Aint nowhere more to go
The deep dark valley beckons
And you know you’ve to go
Hold your heart still my friend
‘cause the unknown never has an end

It’s a new day, bright, sunny and blue
Start over with a fresh chalk and slate
Your thoughts reach for the night
And for its shadow you wait
Through the day you stagger by
‘cause the night is when you can truly cry

Upon your word I cast myself
Paint your banner in my blood
Yet in your eyes I see the battle is lost
The enemy comes over like the flood
I take my sword and off with my head
‘cause it’s a new you, my master is dead

Fear it was not, nor will it be
We fear what we know, see or are told
Its long lost cousin, is dread
It creeps with our necks in hold
Hold your soul as it sinks to the never
‘cause that’s when dread takes over

-x-x-x-

© Parched For Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment