Tuesday 12 July 2016

An Untethered Spirit

An Untethered Spirit

I had a spirit in me once
Effervescent, volatile
Streaming its course
On sprightly, agile nerves

Itself it spent, tethered
To lowly designs
Engineered not by fate
Nor me, in conscious

The lure of comfort
And the involuntary
My fading impulse too
All symptoms of a rot

This lust for a plateau
And old, efficient processes
Strangles my spirit
And my pursuit of new

Where does one go now
If the shackles were to fall?
Are not the flights of spirit
Life's fallacies and fantasies?

Back then when I lived
Seeked never an answer such
For in the day I soared
And nights I dreamt

I shall ask not again, to where?
Fate deserves a mad march hare
Beyond the sky let me soar again
Saddled to my spirit's flight

-x-x-x-

© Parched For Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment